About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Off to Mission Waco!

Today was a quieter day.  I made banana bread for breakfast, David finished packing, we played some Skipbo, ate lunch, went out for ice cream, played some more Skipbo over an iced coffee that we made at home, and then he was off!  They should be arriving in Waco about dinner time, will have an orientation, and will enjoy the evening.  Tomorrow they start their work/service projects and then get to enjoy each evening.  Sunday they will go to church at the Church under the bridge.

I sure am growing as a mom because I still remember how it broke my heart to see him drive away for his first week at camp.  Now with two years of camp and one mission trip behind us, today wasn't as hard on me as it has been in the past.  I loved seeing him so excited to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment