About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, March 21, 2013

She called me "Daddy"

I've been called "Mommy" accidentally on many occasions in my classroom, but yesterday was a first to be called "Daddy".  Actually, it was one of the most touching moments that made me want to cry.  The other students chuckled, of course, wondering how I could be accidentally confused for a male parent.  However, this little girl happens to have no mom in her life.  Cancer stole her mom and a huge part of her heart three years ago, and her dad has let me know that only this year has she even taken an interest in learning.  She's a handful, but so hard not to love.  Just seeing the spark in her eyes, knowing what she's been through, is enough to tug on your heart strings and make you just want to hug her.

So, with that being said, when she accidentally addressed me as "Papi" yesterday (Daddy), I took it as quite the compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment