About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Silence no more

Yesterday the world slowly started coming back to work, thus ending this period of silence.  You know, it was actually nice while it lasted.  As much as I was tempted to fret through each day, I realized that there was absolutely nothing I could do to change it, so I might as well enjoy it.

I got in contact with my agency and home study agency, and between the three of us, I think we'll get Colombia's newest request from us covered pretty quickly.  I contacted my lawyer, but for some reason, the phone connection was horrible, so it was not the professional conversation I was hoping for. However, he understood what I was asking and I understood enough to know that he's going to talk to the psychologist as soon as possible to discuss the situation with Julian.  Our immigration officer was supposed to be returning to work today, so maybe we will hear from her, too.

Unfortunately, we're STILL waiting on those other two documents.  I am so hoping that they come by the beginning of next week.  I want to kick myself for not having taken care of them in the midst of waiting for everything else, but we were too stubborn to spend another penny on this process until we knew if they were going to let us proceed to finish the process, so I waited.  I remember them both coming very quickly last time around, so I wasn't expecting this wait.  The holidays didn't help, either.

I'm sure I could find a thousand things to fret about right now, but God has given me a real peace, reminding me that He's got this under control.  Honestly, the one thing I've never asked of Him is to bring those boys home.  All I want is for others to see our life and see the absolute presence and sovereinty of God.  If that involves bringing one or both of those boys home, then that's what I want.  If it doesn't, then that's okay, too.  I can't believe I'm actually saying that after pouring so much money and energy back into this process, but it's the honest truth.  What I truly want right now is for this process to be over so we can live again--with or without one or both of those boys.

 Mike and I both are at that point--we just want to move on and live life. We're tired of fundraising and pinching pennies, tired of putting life on hold, tired of all the phone calls and e-mails, tired of waiting on this or that piece of paper to arrive, tired of keeping Julian up in the air regarding his future, tired of speculating over possible timelines.  What I hate the most about the international adoption process is all the energy that goes into it, sucking everything out of you rather than allowing you time to just prepare for the new reality that is to come.  There are so many unconnected people involved in the process, all with opinions of their own, that just complicate it rather than help move it along.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.....If you want to pray for us, just pray for our perseverance to make it to the finish line so we can begin the race set before us.

Did you read the latest story about the family bringing their five adopted children home from Peru the other day?  I sure needed to hear that story and read that blog to be reminded that after all the tedious work, God's plan will prevail and will not be thwarted.

No comments:

Post a Comment