About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

It is not by coincidence....

I was at my favorite Christian bookstore this morning, and I found myself going back to the same shelf about three times, each time walking away after not finding anything that caught my eye. Yet for some reason, I kept going back, like there was something waiting for me. By the third time, I spotted a single book tucked in the shelf that did finally catch my eye.

So, I read the title and thought, "Now that's a story that I can relate to." I bought it, brought it home, went out on my front porch, and started to read. I'm two chapters through already, and now I see why I felt like there was something waiting on that shelf for me. There's even a note in the back of the book saying, "It is not by coincidence that God has allowed you to find this book. He has known you by name since before I even dreamed of writing. With each word typed, I've prayed that He would minister to your needs."

The book is called Hannah's Hope--Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss., by Jennifer Saake. It's not been often that I've seen a book embrace all THREE issues together, especially including the adoption loss. I especially appreciate the way she defines that journey through an adoption loss as walking through "no-man's land" and how she counts those children in the specific number of children that she has lost and grieved. For anyone who has walked any, or all, of these roads (as we have), I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment