From the Mountain…to the Valley…and Back!
What were my motivations to write this book and turn our deeply personal story into one that is available for anyone to read?
· To describe an adoption process, in detail, including all the emotional ups and downs that come with it
· To document what it’s like to grieve a failed adoption, giving other families in our situation a resource we only wished we had had
· To show that there is still hope when we cling to God through a tragedy, proving that He is a personal God and can bring beauty out of ashes
· To help me heal by getting it all out, to serve as a therapeutic experience
· To give a voice to the older orphan, showing how desperately these children want and need to be part of a family, NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE
Continue to follow our story on my blog—From the heart of Rachelle D.