About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Book signing

I went to A Real Bookstore this weekend (yes, that's what it's called) to get more information about my book signing event that is scheduled for next weekend. (Sunday, March 11th, at 2:00 in Fairview, Texas). I found out that the usual format is to introduce the author, then the author gives a short presentation, and then there's time for questions and answers. So I realized I better prepare something for my presentation. I don't want to give away what happens in the book, especially the final chapters, so this is what I came up with to share. If you're a local, please come support me--even if you already have a signed book. They said that it's always a better experience if you have your own crowd with you. Leave me a comment if you don't know how to get there.

From the Mountain…to the Valley…and Back!

What were my motivations to write this book and turn our deeply personal story into one that is available for anyone to read?

· To describe an adoption process, in detail, including all the emotional ups and downs that come with it

· To document what it’s like to grieve a failed adoption, giving other families in our situation a resource we only wished we had had

· To show that there is still hope when we cling to God through a tragedy, proving that He is a personal God and can bring beauty out of ashes

· To help me heal by getting it all out, to serve as a therapeutic experience

· To give a voice to the older orphan, showing how desperately these children want and need to be part of a family, NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE

Continue to follow our story on my blog—From the heart of Rachelle D.

www.fromtheheartofrachelled.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment