About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, May 14, 2022

This boy

 


This boy. He's quirky, he's a bit strange at times, he's stubborn, he's quite the extrovert, he loves his friends, and he's super-friendly and charming everywhere we go together. 

And, he loves his mom. It may be in his own way on his own timetable that can frustrate me quite a bit, but still, I'm so thankful for him.

He asked for ideas for my birthday, and I sent him some pics of bowling bags I liked since mine is broken, and I also said I need new bowling shoes since mine bit the dust after 22 years. So, honestly, that's what I assumed he got me for my birthday. But nope. During dinner, he told me we were going to T-Mobile right after we ate to upgrade my phone to a Google Pixel 6. It wasn't a cheap gift, by any means, and knowing all he's got on his plate right now with needing to find an apartment soon, a gift like that spoke a lot and showed me how much he values me.  We also had a really nice time chatting with the lady as she transferred all my phone data and apps, and he pretty much told her his adoption story. It was super sweet. 

Today I told him we could go apartment hunting together this afternoon, but I think I overdid things on this birthday week of mine, because I woke up and felt like I hit a brick wall. My stomach has felt weird all day, I've been in the bathroom a lot, and I just haven't felt like going anywhere or doing anything. So I've literally sat on the couch and worked on my computer all day, trying to catch up on things I've fallen behind in or that have been starting to stress me out as each day seems to just fly off the calendar (like making doctor's appointments, catching up on the bills, working ahead on end of year stuff for school since my mind is a bit preoccupied with packing and home prep.)  I'm definitely starting to feel overwhelmed. I think God said, "Enough is enough. You need to rest your mind and body today." Didn't even go for a walk or ride my bike. Hoping our big garage sale next weekend will help clear out a bunch of space and clutter so I can feel more at peace with this whole process. 

At the moment, Juan went to the Colombian restaurant to grab dinner and bring me back some rice and ajiaco soup. I bet a few calories and some chicken broth will really help. 

Later, we're watching church together online tonight since I'm not feeling that great, and then Mike and David are going to go hang out at the races. They've been spending a LOT of quality time together lately. I love the father/son closeness between them. I think it also really helps Mike in his grieving process right now. Last night, they ended up going to Men's Night at church together, which turned out to be a huge, highly impactful night. They both came home with grilling tools that say LakePointe, and they came home with Ranger's tickets, too! 

Well, I better go so I'm ready to eat my soup as soon as Juan comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment