About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Seventy-five years young

 


Happy 75th birthday to my mom!

I'm so proud of my dad for arranging a very memorable day for her. He made her steak out on the grill, and then he invited his kids and grandkids over, specifically asking each one to bring a card and write three ways she has been a blessing to us. He handed each card to her one at a time and had her read them aloud. She teared up with each one she read.

Then he gave her a pure gold necklace, telling her that SHE is gold. He read her several more affirmations of her that he personally sees, and honored her in such a beautiful way. 

I think God wanted to honor her today, too, by letting her rose bushes bloom even at the end of December. 


For my dad's 75th birthday, I made him 75 mini-muffins out of my special banana bread recipe. So for my mom's 75th, I gave her a bag of 75 specialty chocolates. (And some books, some tea, some lavender chamomile spray for her pillow, and a laminated copy of 75 Biblical declarations to read over herself.)

After watching several close friends and now my own mother-in-law lose a spouse or a parent over the last year, I consider myself blessed to be able to celebrate both my parents' 75th birthdays this year. It's been a hard year for a lot of reasons, but this milestone birthday is a pretty good reason to celebrate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment