About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, December 30, 2016

#SSMT17

It's that time again! Time to join hundreds, perhaps thousands, of other women across the country (and even into other countries) to commit to putting Scripture to memory.

You pick the verses and even the translation you want to learn them in. You can pick long verses, short verses, or verses that speak truth into your current season of life.

On January 1st, you post your name, your city, and the reference and translation of your verse, along with your verse. For the next two weeks, you practice it daily until you've got it memorized.

On the 15th, you pick another verse and do the same. Then you continue on the 1st and 15th of every month with a new verse (basically one verse every two weeks).

If you post at least 20 out of the 24 times throughout the year, you qualify for the celebration retreat in Houston, Texas with Beth Moore the following January.

I've only participated once, and I can't tell you how life-changing the Scripture memory part is and how much the retreat inspired me, getting to meet so many other women who memorized verses all year right along with you. You become part of this amazing community of women. I met women who acted like family, and little did I know that they'd met at one of the celebrations and just continued a friendship across the miles when the retreat ended.

I bought my special little spiral a couple months ago to write my verses in, and tonight I printed off the special SSMT17 spiral. Click under the picture for the instructions for you to do the same. I sure hope you'll join me! I'll put pictures of this year's event in an upcoming blog entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment