About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Eve and Christmas 2016

 Family pic in front of the tree at church, compliments of my dear friend Aubree for taking the pic
 David and Sam's first year with braces (Sam's first week!)
 Juan and Uncle Matt at the end of the candlelight service
Mandatory selfie with Mom 💗




 Animals first! Minnie had been sniffing that stocking for days. She knew it was hers! The cat was so overwhelmed by all her new toys that she played with wrapping paper and boxes instead.



 Juan wants a real husky of his own someday. This cute little stuffed pup will have to do for now.
 We got both the boys their high school soccer shirts at their parent soccer meetings, but David's didn't come in yet. 
 Juan finally got the EXPENSIVE colored pencil set he's been wanting for his Art class.

 There's been a bit of Cowboy fever in our house this season!


 You know you're bonded to your adopted kid when he writes that your gifts from him are actually from the King of Sparta and from Super Batman. 

 Christmas without sentiment just drives me crazy, so I had a card for each of them tucked in the tree with a personal letter from me. 

 I'm so excited about this new pencil sharpener and my new colored pencils! Now for a little time to relax and color my heart out. 
 A stocking stuffer from David--my absolute favorite verse that I've had written on a little sign in my prayer corner for years.  (I'm totally a morning person.)
 Cinnamon rolls and coffee for Christmas morning. 
 Watching Christmas at Home (our Pastor doing a monologue drama of the first Christmas through the eyes of Joseph.)

Christmas dinner. Ham, potatoes, roasted veggies, and buttery rolls. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment