About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, December 26, 2016

Happy birthday, Mom!

Today's blog is reserved for one purpose--to wish my mom a happy birthday!  Circumstances kept her from coming to visit at Thanksgiving for the last two years, bringing her at Christmas instead. So I've gotten to spend her last two birthdays with her. This year she came for Thanksgiving and isn't here for her birthday, but I'm still thinking about her and celebrating her today.

Mom, I know good health hasn't been your friend this year, and my prayer is that next year will bring you some relief, especially from headaches. I woke up with a headache today and really feel for people who suffer from those consistently.

I love how you and I have developed a closer and deeper relationship through the years by sharing books and devotionals that have spoken to us. I always appreciate your gifts because they express sentiment and thoughtfulness about who I am and how you see me. I still keep that calendar of poems from a Mother to a Daughter up in my prayer corner, even though the calendar is long expired, because I love the poems.

I thought long and hard about your birthday gift this year, and I finally chose what I thought would mean the most to you. It should be delivered to your door some time today.

Love you, Mom. Wish we could have lunch together today!


No comments:

Post a Comment