About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Let it rain, let it rain

No wonder I've felt so scattered lately. This has been the season of constant rescheduling, first from the snow, now from the rain. Usually by now, the boys' spring soccer seasons are coming to a close. But so far, they've only played about 3 games and have had at least five postponed and rescheduled, and then some postponed and rescheduled again. They get all psyched up to play one, two, or even three games a week,(while we get all stretched out trying to make sure everyone has transportation at the right time), only to watch each one get rained out. When it's not physically raining, they still can't play when the fields are soaked and filled with puddles. 

David's campout (AKA Man's Land) got rained out last weekend, too, so they decided to combine it with Juan's campout with the high school guys this weekend.  Guess what? It rained and poured and stormed all day yesterday, so much that they had to cancel the actual camping out part. They made the most of the situation, though, and turned it into a full day event today, starting early this morning and going till late tonight.  It's out on a big piece of land that belongs to the youth pastor's family, so they got to do a bunch of outdoor/guy kinds of things.  Mike went along with them, so I am glad they are getting to spend the day with him, as well as with each other. He's been working a lot of odd and long hours lately, so they've missed a lot of quality time with him. (As to all those long, odd hours, that will be a whole different post).

I will post pictures after they get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment