About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, April 18, 2015

I celebrate you today


Happy 13th birthday to my little Colombian princess. Not a year goes by on this date that I don't stop to celebrate you and to wonder what you're actually doing and how your mother is celebrating with you. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and pray for you. Taking the time to re-write our story has evoked more emotion in me than I knew still existed, and it has made me realize how much I still miss you. Your sweet voice still plays in my head. Juan David and I talk of you often. He will love and adore you forever (both of your brothers will), and I hope someday you will be able to reconnect with them. We still have your pictures up in several places at home, so know you will always be a part of all of us. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to know you and love you because I know that has helped your brother attach well to our family since coming home two years ago. You would be so proud of the man he is becoming. I am grateful for the memories we made with both of you together. I love you, Sweetheart, and I always will. May your special day be blessed and full of life, for the lively little girl I remember you being. (Your brother is camping this weekend, but we will get a small cake to celebrate your birthday with him when he comes home.)

Happy 22nd birthday to Julian, too, earlier this week. We love you and miss you, but at least we are still in touch several times a week. You are your brother's hero, and I will make sure he always knows how much you did to help him come home to us.

(For the whole story, tune in to my other blog periodically, unexpectedtearsbook.blogspot.com .)

No comments:

Post a Comment