About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Camping, camping, and more camping

If I've witnessed anything through our camping adventures over the last year, it's this: camping is where family happens. I don't feel we really started to gel as a new family unit until we went camping, again, and again, and again. There's just something about getting away together, even if we only drive a few miles up the road to the nearest lake and campground. Mike and I enjoy the quiet mornings with a cup of coffee. The boys enjoy late night campfires, s'mores, and playing games till the wee hours in the morning. We love to get away on our own, and we love that God blessed us with a camper to be able to invite others to go along. 

We enjoyed our last campout in November with my brother and my nephews to celebrate Mike, David, and Juan David's birthdays. When I saw a free weekend on the calendar for Easter this year, I quickly filled it with our first campout for the year. Then at the last minute, we invited our friends to come with us. 

I came home feeling blessed, and I eagerly look forward to the next free weekend that might pop up on the calendar.  Here are a few pics of our fun!

































 
Two weekends from now, both boys will be at different campouts. David will attend Man's Land for the middle schoolers at church in Bonham, Texas, while Juan David will participate in a leadership retreat at Mt. Lebanon with several ESL students from  all the high schools in Garland. (His teacher from his leadership class selected him to attend.) Mike and I might take the weekend to go camping alone for our 16th anniversary (a week later), unless Mike has other plans for us that he hasn't shared yet. :)  The following weekend after that, Juan will attend Man's Land for the high school guys at church in Paris, Texas.  Lots and lots of camping this month, and for all good reasons. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment