About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Garland Cup Tournament

Both my boys played in a big tournament this weekend, making our day long and full yesterday. Though the calendar had it starting on Wednesday, the rain pushed their Wednesday games into Saturday, giving them five games total between the two of them yesterday.  

The first game started at 9:15 in the morning, and the last game ended at 7:15 in the evening. Thankfully David's team had a little cookout between games, so that kept us from having to try to squeeze in a quick lunch somewhere.  

David's team lost their first game, then Juan's team lost their first game. After stuffing themselves with hamburgers and hotdogs and cake, David's team played again and tied.  By his third game, they pushed hard, but they couldn't pull off a win. David did finally score a really nice goal, though, so he had something to be proud of.  They did not advance in the tournament, though.

After that, Juan's team played their second game at six o'clock. I don't know if David's coach put some special potion in those burgers at lunch, but Juan played with incredible inspiration and scored three goals! Several players congratulated him on his "hat trick", so we had to explain to him what that meant. :) It was definitely his best game all season, perhaps out of all three seasons so far. 

His team advanced to the final game today, but they ended up losing 0-1. There were only three teams in his division, so they still took home the second place medals. It's the first out of all three seasons that they didn't this particular tournament, but they still have three more games left in their regular season to be excited about.  David's team has two more games left in the regular season, as well. 


These last few Saturdays have been fun, but they are wearing me out!

Next Saturday we will be camping for David's birthday, enjoying our lovely RV that God literally gave to us. I am looking forward to actually relaxing for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment