About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Living Free


I'm so excited about my new little prayer corner that I set up in my living room.  No mosquitoes. Soft lamplight. A comfortable chair. A small table. Baskets of books, notecards, journals and pens off to the right. It's so adorably inviting, I wondered why I never thought to set it up before.  Then I remembered this morning that the carpet's been torn up in that little corner for the last year or two, so we kept it as hidden as possible. The new floor opened the room back up finally. :)  I think I needed our summer Bible study to inspire me, too.

Tonight we bring that study to a close.  I have cherished every moment with the ladies God brought to the study. I love the way they have opened up to share deeply from their hearts, encouraging one another to keep pressing on, to never stop praying our way through life. I've taught a lot of studies over the last few years, but there's always one that particularly stands out.  I'd have to say this one grabbed my heart.  I needed the reminders of why we need to be praying Scriptures on a daily basis.

When you pray God's Word you build communication with the Father. You learn to think His thoughts even as you pour out your heart to Him. (p. 98)

For anyone who struggles with prayer, I highly recommend this study, Living Free, as well as the book, Praying God's Word (both written by Beth Moore). Getting into the habit of praying Scripture could potentially change your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment