About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  Biological moms.  Foster moms. Adoptive moms. Spiritual moms.  And teachers, who get called Mom, too. :)

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom to two wonderful sons, my biological son and my adoptive son.  I'm so grateful to be an unofficial mom to Julian, my other Colombian "son".  Someday in Heaven I shall meet the other child that God placed inside my body for a very short time. 

Just as grateful as I am for my children, I am equally grateful for my mom.  Without her constant love and encouragement as a child, or her patience while I went through those stubborn teenage years, I could not be the mom I am today. 

Thanks, Mom, for reading to me as a child. For taking care of me when I was sick.  For nursing me back to health after my car accident (and homeschooling me until I could walk again). For encouraging me in the areas I excelled in.  For believing in me.  For supporting me to fulfill my dreams.  For loving me even when I wasn't so easy to love. For becoming my friend as a young adult.  For making the most beautiful wedding dress for me, exactly as I wanted it.  For praying for me.  For showing up to take care of David when I just about fell apart.  For grieving with me when the adoption didn't go through. For giving me space and time when I needed it. For taking an interest in the things that interest me.  For being my biggest support and cheerleader as a writer.  For always picking out the best card for the occasion, showing that you are deeply connected to your children.  For teaching me how to be a loving wife and mom.  For honoring and supporting your husband always.  For modeling a life of faith and service to others.  For always being there. 

I'm so glad God chose you to be my mom.  I love you.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment