About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Zooming right on by....

Well, the end of the school year is rapidly coming to a close, and the days seem to just be zooming right on by me. I find myself scrambling around for every possible moment of time to review certain concepts I'm not sure the kids remember well, to make sure my paperwork is in order to turn in at the end of the year, to deal with behavior issues creeping in for some extra fidgety kids, to work with students who have grown apathetic toward school in general and who just want to be outside playing, to keep encouraging my son to finish the year strong, even though he, too, has grown very apathetic, to keep encouraging and teaching Julian as we see more and more gaps in his life skills due to never having been taught and mentored by a parent, and then somehow begin planning the smaller details of our upcoming trip to Colombia. Yes, it's a busy time of year. Becoming an author this year and learning the ins and outs of the responsiblity of marketing my first book has added even more, but I am enjoying that part because I'm learning so much.

So, with all that being said, though I find myself grasping for more time, I came home on Wednesday night very saddened as our ladies finished our last Bible study session together. Each study brings a unique set of women, and we just grow and bond together in a beautiful way. This study was much longer than many other studies, so we had even more time to grow together. I know our bond will always be there, as it is with all the women who have been in a study with me before, and I will continue to see some of them on Saturday nights at church, but it's not the same as spending an evening together every single week. They were such an incredible encouragement to me as they opened up their hearts to share what God was doing in their lives and what they were learning. To watch them grow and blossom spiritually is one of the greatest pleasures of life. Since Experiencing God is all about learning to surrender every area of your life to God and finding an intimate relationship with Him so you can begin to obey Him and see Him use YOU in amazing ways, we decided to get together at my house one last time to watch The End of the Spear together. It's definitely not an easy movie to watch, but it's one that leaves you wondering just what in the world are you living for...... We haven't decided on a specific day and time yet, but we hope to do so very soon.

So, that's the scoop of what's happening around our house at this busy time of the year. Half of our expenses for our trip to Colombia have come in through donations at church, so that has been an incredible relief, as supporting Julian so far has been much more than we had anticipated. David is faithfully playing soccer, and we found out that another player lives across the street, so he has been having a good time building a friendship with him. Mike is busy building a truck (a rock crawler is what he calls it since it will be his "off-road" toy). I am amazed at all he's done, taking parts from so many other vehicles to create his own "masterpiece", and I will admit that I have not always had the greatest attitude about all those parts taking up the entire garage for the last two years. However, my eyes are finally being opened to see just how his mind works and how all that "ugly junk" really isn't the "junk" I thought it was. I'll post pics when it is all done someday.

Hope your weekend is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment