About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Divine encounters

I've said it before and I'll say it again, life is just one divine encounter after another. I believe that more and more every day. How much we miss when we're not looking for ways God is working all around us.

Yesterday, Mike, David, and I decided to drive to Grapevine to visit Holy Grounds so I could see the place, get a feel for the atmosphere, and meet the owners. What an adorable little Christian giftshop I found with an amazing atmosphere and the sweetest people working inside. They sell all kinds of Christian jewelry and little gifts, have goodies, decorations, and books tucked into every possible little corner. They sell all these scrumptious flavors of coffee beans, and they sample a different flavor every day. You walk in, and you just feel the warmth. I'm very excited to have a book signing there, especially the weekend before Mother's Day. It's on Main Street, where people apparently take a day to just explore the shops. There were artisan stands set up across the street, and a small farmer's market selling fresh fruits and vegetables just a block away. I was actually very disappointed that we didn't have time to just spend the rest of the afternoon there as a family yesterday. I am looking forward to the opportunity to meet all kinds of different people who will be coming through their doors that day. I am also excited to meet Cindy Burden. I was looking at her sculptures that they have in the store, and they told me she has such an amazing testimony behind her story. If you want to come with me for the afternoon, let me know!

Anyway, back to the divine encounters.....while I was browsing the shelves, I came across a book called The Trusting time--A Collection of Christian Poetry, by Jodie Mitchell. I picked it up and looked through it, and I felt like I had found my kindred spirit. It is a compilation of Christian poetry that she began writing at the age of eleven. She finally decided to gather all 175 plus poems that she had written and put them into one book. Sounds like something I recently did myself. She had the book published, and four months later has now published another one! We both have become published authors within just a few months of each other, and we both have an incredible passion and heart for writing poetry with a Christian message. I went home and looked her up online, and we connected with each other lastnight. Who knows? I'm looking forward to see how God uses this new connection in my life with someone who has so much in common with me. Anyway, you can check out her book at her ministry website, www.aprilsky.net. You will be blessed by her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment