About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

My first professional soccer game



Here's David with his special ball, ready to try to get some autographs.






By the time all was said and done, I think he got four or five autographs on his ball. The shirt he's wearing is an FC Dallas t-shirt that he got autographed by almost all of the players on a previous occasion. It was fun seeing life through a ten year old boy's eyes--sometimes I forget how special moments like these are to him.


We didn't make it to church, obviously, and Mike needs to sleep late today in order to work tonight, so we're going to try out our church's internet campus today. It's a new live "campus" that just started a few months ago, and it's literally reaching the world. There are people from all over the country and from many other countries that attend each week, including members who are sick, homebound, bedridden, travelling, or who are serving as missionaries in other parts of the world and want to stay closely connected to their home church. Plus it's reaching people who wouldn't even consider darkening the doors of a church, but who are just curious about Christianity. There's even a campus pastor available--how cool is that? I am excited to try it out today so I can give a personal recommendation to others, having actually "attended" myself. If you're stuck at home and don't have a church to attend, try it out! www.lakepointe.org









Last time that Mike was offered tickets to a soccer game, I finally expressed that the next time he got to go, I would like to go, too. Well, lastnight I got my wish, and I really had a lot of fun. To be honest, I think I enjoyed it even more than going to a Texas Ranger's game. For some reason, soccer is just a lot more exciting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment