About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, November 27, 2023

30 days of Gratitude

I love the treasures tucked in to the month of November, especially the focus on gratitude that comes with  the Thanksgiving holiday. It's definitely been another unique year in my life, so I can't let the month slip away without listing something I've been thankful for each day this month. We've been making a gratitude chain at school for several weeks in fall and Christmas colors, and now we're ready to hang it up as a decoration in the classroom in preparation for Christmas. Here are a few of the things I put on my chain links, plus more:

  1. A cozy, wood-burning stove in my living room that creates a warm fire to sit by every night.
  2. Being able to decorate for Christmas this year
  3. Christmas decorations that hold memories of special people and memories of Christmases past
  4. A great team to work with to change the lives of children in need
  5. A job where everyone feels like family
  6. Several students choosing to receive Christ as their Savior this year
  7. A great church where Mike and I can serve and grow
  8. A wonderful small group to do life together with
  9. Bible study friends
  10. A thriving women's ministry at my church
  11. The opportunity to be on the women's ministry team
  12. Biblical counseling training
  13. A Biblical counseling team to be part of
  14. A quick trip to Texas for a Biblical counseling conference
  15. An Alspaugh family vacation in Michigan with both my boys
  16. A road trip to Pennsylvania with David
  17. A new little deck in front of my house
  18. Wonderful Christian neighbors
  19. Finding new connections to the Spanish-speaking world here in Columbus
  20. A growing circle of good friends here in Columbus
  21. A summer with David
  22. Experiencing a full cycle of seasons
  23. Walking nearly 400 miles on a quiet, country road this year
  24. Close relationships with family we've always lived so far away from
  25. Time with both of my brothers this summer
  26. An after Thanksgiving visit with a treasured friend
  27. Watching two sweet friends get married this year
  28. A working stove and oven to cook with
  29. A son with two working arms to help his dad on the house this summer
  30. Lots of land with lots of future potential

No comments:

Post a Comment