About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, August 1, 2022

Touring Nashville, IN

Yesterday we got up early and picked up both David and my nephew Dane to go try out a new church we hadn't been to before. It's called Athens Church, and it's the church where Bob and Lisa, the founders of New Song mission, have attended for the last six years since it started. It's a small church with mostly all young people (I'd say in their 30's probably), but it has a very LakePointe feel. We may check them out again after we've visited a few more churches. 

After that, we all went to SAM's Club to get some groceries since we have to take advantage of when we go into town. (When it takes 30 minutes to get to town from New Song, you have to make each trip worthwhile). Then we grabbed a quick lunch, took Dane back home, took our groceries back home, and then headed to Chrissy's mom's house to get my school boxes out of storage.

Once we got back to unload the school boxes into the classroom, we made a spur of the moment decision to make a little trip into historic Nashville (about another 20 minutes away) to see what all the hype was all about. David will be heading back to DBU before long, so I really wanted for him to go with us. Even though we got there shortly before everything closed, we actually enjoyed just looking around when all the people cleared out. Nashville has some really cute little shops, restaurants, and scenery. We didn't make it to the coffee shop before it closed, but we did get to experience Brozinni's Pizza, which I'm told is as close to New York style pizza as I'm going to find around here. 

Nashville is definitely a place I'll take my friends and family to when they come to visit. And I'm so thankful David got to go with us for our first experience there. He's such an adventurous kid and so fun to hang around with. Sure am going to miss him when he goes back to DBU, though I wouldn't want him anywhere else. Plus knowing Juan will have his brother close by brings me comfort. 



Sure am looking forward to seeing the beautiful colors this fall, especially knowing how much wooded land is surrounding my new home. 













The Wise Woman Shoppe. Intriguing. Too bad it was closed. Don't worry. I'll be back. 

When we got home, we decided we needed to take advantage of the beautiful weather, so we enjoyed a nice campfire together. Sure wish I would stop forgetting to get marshmallows!




With Boot's new harness and leash, even he got to enjoy some time by the fire. 
And let me tell you, the stars out here are absolutely amazing on a clear night. This picture does NOT do them justice at all. 













No comments:

Post a Comment