About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Recap of the last few days

Am I dreaming?
Yes, I literally thought those words as I sat in this absolutely adorable little tea/coffee shop in Nashville on Friday morning with my new teammate and office manager for a team building/get to know you time. We weren't talking about test scores, discipline, parent involvement, lesson plans, new curriculum, new laws, etc., you know, the things you usually talk about the Friday before school starts. Nope. We just sat together and shared our stories, our testimonies about how God has worked in our lives. All while I sat drinking a delicious cup of chai. As we all shared and got to know each other on this deeper level, I heard this voice in my head saying, "Wow. This is real."







I guess I really can call us the dream team. I'm so, so thankful to have been chosen and called by God to be here on this team. 


Early the next morning, Mike, David, and I left with Matt and Dane to head up to Warsaw for the first time since we moved here to help Peggy move the remaining big items, and several bins of clothes, decorations, dishes, etc. to the basement and garage of her new house.

We took about three loads of three trailers, and now she and Mark will get the remaining things out this week before she closes on the house on Friday. I am a bit excited about the new house she's moving into because if you look just two houses down the street, you'll find the first house Mike and I lived in when we first got married. It used to be white, but now it's a really pretty blue. It was a pretty small house, but oh, how I just loved that screened in front porch. I spent pretty much most of my time out there. I'm excited that Peggy's house has an identical screened in porch in her new house. I know where I'll be hanging out whenever I come visit. 

My old house. 

That night we took a break from moving and went to the New Paris races, where Mike, Matt, and Mark went as kids growing up, and where Mike took me a few times when we were dating and as newlyweds. I"ll be honest, I didn't really enjoy them much back then, but the experience could grow on me a bit more now. I enjoyed picking out the nicest looking car and hoping it would win. :)

A stray cat showed up at Peggy's old house a year or so ago, and she just had kittens. Aren't they sweet? 

I enjoyed spending some time getting to know my beautiful niece, Reese, a little better this weekend. I am thankful to be within a few hours of her so maybe we can spend a little more time together. She is the only girl grandchild on the Alspaugh side of the family. 

Still finding more stuff from the barn, garage, and shed to take back home to our own barns, garages, and sheds. There's something inspiring about watching those three brothers, and David, all team up together to get a job done. 

David, the cat whisperer

On the way out, we stopped at the cemetery to visit their dad's grave. The first that Matt and Mike had been back since the day of the funeral. The first that I had ever been there. 
A stone is coming soon. 

Mike and David taking a closer look at the golf clubs they brought back from his dad's house. 

Life's just kind-of one big sense of adventure right now. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment