About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Big things ahead

While my Plano friends and family are off celebrating their start to Spring break, I must admit I'm not even jealous I've got another week to wait because this particular week looks to hold a few big events for us. :)

Tomorrow David and Mike have a meeting at church to find out more about his upcoming summer mission trip back to Los Angeles, California. Meanwhile Juan and I have our first team meeting at another one of the campuses to start preparing for our mission trip to Guatemala.

Tuesday afternoon and evening our boys' schools play one another again, this time at Juan's high school. Mike and I get to play traitors, cheering for David's school for the freshman game and then later for Juan's school during the Varsity game in the evening. At the moment, David's school is in first place for Varsity, while Juan's school is in second place, only having lost to David's school this season. So there's a lot at stake. It's also Senior Night, so we all get to go out on the field with Juan right before his game starts as they recognize him as one of the seniors on the team.

Thursday night I get to attend Awaken (http://www.awakendfw.org/) to hear Priscilla Shirer speak at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall. When the tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. on a Thursday a few weeks ago, all 4,000 tickets sold out within less than thirty minutes. I was at work, so I didn't even have a chance to get one. A week or so later, my friend texted me saying she got extras and wanted to know if I'd like to go. :) I'm really excited to see Priscilla Shirer in person and hear her speak, and I'm so grateful for a great friend who thought of me.



On Friday afternoon/evening, the high school regular soccer season comes to an end. David's freshman team will play their last game for the season, but he immediately starts up with his recreational team two weeks later. Juan's team will play Friday evening to find out what place they will take in the district, then take a two week break, and then go into the playoffs.

So, a week from now, I, too, will be celebrating our start to spring break, but with such a great week coming up, I can definitely wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment