About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Velvet Rose

I'd like to introduce you to the newest little member of our family, Velvet Rose (whom I have also named Spaz for the time-being, due to her spastic nature.)


This little girl is the most playful, fun-loving little creature I have ever seen, and her crazy personality is just what I needed to warm my heart after losing Snowball and Snowflake. I absolutely adore her and love her to pieces. She cracks me up when I watch her run all over the house, slipping and sliding on the wood floors and sometimes banging right into the wall because she tries to take a turn too fast. She LOVES to eat, so breakfast and dinner time are a delight to watch her get so excited when she sees us open that can of food. She also loves to play peek-a-boo and hide-and-seek, hiding under a bed or chair and purposely coming out the opposite side when I bend down to get her. She's not much of  a snuggler yet because she's too active and squirmy, but when I wake up in the middle of the night, I find her curled up right beside me. :) 

I told Mike and the boys that all I wanted for Mother's Day was a new kitten, and she has definitely filled up my hurting mama heart.

She didn't like the idea of coming into a house with two big dogs, but little by little she is starting to accept them finally. Poor Mickey about went crazy when she wouldn't let him come anywhere near her. I think it's funny how this tiny little thing can put two big black dogs in their place with a simple hiss and a wave of her paw.





No comments:

Post a Comment