About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, May 15, 2016

An honor

A few months ago, I saw a post on Facebook looking for women to share their story for a website called She is Called. I had recently just written our story down in a two part post for the Community Moms site that I write for each month, so I submitted it.

Then in early April, I got the most encouraging e-mail from the lady in Australia who runs She is Called, saying how inspiring my testimony was. She said she wanted to feature me as Woman of the Week and run my story especially during the week of Mother's Day. She asked if Wednesday, May 11, would be okay with me.

Woman of the Week for my birthday? What a gift. When she learned that our story is actually a two part book series, she said she'd help me out with that, as well! What a blessing.

It is an honor to share our story here on yet another platform that God opened up for me. (My platform is still fairly small as a new author, but I am amazed at how God makes connections like these for me. It's His story, after all, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me.)

Please check it out, along with the other stories shared by other women who have been called for a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment