About Me

My photo

I am a wife, daughter, mother, bilingual teacher, poet, author, women's Bible study teacher, world traveler, orphan advocate, and an adoptive mother.  Our adoption journey has been filled with a lot of hurt and loss, along with even more hope, grace, and healing.  Through it we have experienced more of God than we ever bargained for and have watched Him miraculously redeem our story when we surrendered all the broken pieces to Him.


Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Blessed

I love May. First comes Teacher Appreciation Week, then Mother's Day, then my birthday--all within a few days of each other. Plus May is the month of flowers, and flowers just always make me smile.

My kids last year spoiled me rotten for Teacher Appreciation Week, so I must admit that I was selfishly disappointed for most of the week this year. However, I misjudged my sweet students and their parents because they definitely spoiled me on the final day of Teacher Appreciation Week.



And as if that wasn't enough, they brought me even more flowers on Monday and Tuesday for Mother's Day. And then they brought me more flowers and gifts again on Wednesday for my birthday.


I am blessed to be their teacher, and although I've griped because this group of students seems to be harder to work with than previous years, their appreciation gifts make it much easier to keep on motivating them till the end of the school year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment