About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Together at last

My babies. 


I ordered books from a printer about two weeks ago so I could have them available as soon as possible.  The book order got delayed by a little over a week, so unfortunately the books are not here. However, when I noticed my book was already up on Amazon earlier this week, I ordered myself a copy. Hey, I wanted to make sure I was the first one to get my hands on it! It said it would arrive tomorrow, but thankfully it sat waiting in my mailbox for me by the time I got home today. I am keeping this copy for myself, but the next one I get my hands on is going straight to Julian. 
They sure do make a good pair. :)

I'd like to say that everything launched smoothly today, but alas, it did not all go as planned. Should I have expected differently, considering the nature of the story held within those books? The one main glitch we ran into had to do with a technological issue that prevented my book from being added to the link I attached to absolutely everything I used to launch the book:  all my Pinterest and Canva quotes, all the guest blog posts scheduled far in advance, even my own blog post today with all the quotes on it. 

ABH suggested I change the link to the Amazon link on all the quotes, blogs, etc., for the time being. When I realized how much work that might entail to change it all now and then change it back once it's on the website, I decided to just accept it as another way Satan is trying to work against me. The damage is done, I can't change it, it is what it is. 

First thing this morning, I gave the day over to God. This little glitch didn't surprise Him, and He allowed it. I will just hope that anyone truly interested in the book would have known enough to search on Amazon when they didn't find it attached to the ABH link I provided. 

I am so grateful for the beautiful reviews that are already posted. I believe they speak for themselves. I will post them on another blog post soon. 

(By the way, we touched base with Julian this morning and again this evening for his birthday, and he had a really great day in the company of good friends.)







No comments:

Post a Comment