About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Launch Day!!!!!!

It's finally here! 

I am so humbled to share my heart again on the pages of my second book. It's been a long, long journey--through the entire adoption experience and then through the publishing process to get our full story out there. 

If I had my way, the introvert in me would have quietly published this story completely on my own through Create Space and made it available to friends and family and a few blog readers. I see now that God had a much bigger plan for this book and this story, after leading me to a conference on self-publishing and sitting me right beside a couple with plans to start their own company to help new authors like me get their story out there as a form of ministry.

This entire experience is completely out of my comfort zone, and it's pretty exhausting for an introvert to self-market and build a platform. It's just as emotionally and psychologically exhausting to pour your heart out in such a public way. But now it's all poured out, and God is filling it back up with blessing after blessing.

Here are most of the quotes we shared via Pinterest and Canva from Painful Waiting. Some have the  ABH website on them, some don't. Feel free to save and share any of them on whatever social media you use, but please make sure you add a link to http://www.amazon.com/Painful-Waiting-Leaning-Adoption-Surviving-ebook/dp/B01E49V65A/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1. If you share them on Twitter or Instagram, use the hashtag #painfulwaitingbook. Slowly, but surely, I'm building my platform on Pinterest, Facebook, Google+,Twitter, and through guest blogging. I'm a bit slow in getting started with Instagram, mostly due to issues I had with my phone. I'll get there, though. :)






















Not sure I did the greatest job with this one, but it's one of my favorite poems about starting each morning out right. It's the poem written on the side margin of this blog. 















Get your copy today at www.abhbooks.com/books!

No comments:

Post a Comment