About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Slowly coming back to life

I am slowly coming back to life after a long week of being sick. I kept up with all the normal weekly activities, but I found myself in bed by 8 or 9 o'clock every night. I am so thankful for Nyquil this week to knock me out and help me get the rest I desperately needed. October is always a hard month, especially for teachers.  Two busy weeks down and two more busy weeks to go.

This coming week holds several extra school activities, two fall carnivals, soccer games, a middle-school football game, and several church activities, including our last Daniel Plan class. I love all that October holds, but like I say every year, I wish we could spread it out a bit rather than try to cram it all into one month. On another note, I'm glad to be feeling better so I can embrace everything the rest of the month holds for our family.

Mike has officially been working at his new job for a month now, and I'm so encouraged to see how much it fulfills him. He walks around with confidence and has a greater sense of purpose. He looks and acts more professional than ever before, and he takes pride in caring for each and every customer he deals with. We also eagerly await his first full paycheck in a couple weeks so we can get back on our feet financially--just in time to celebrate our boys' birthdays.

My memory verse for the month fits quite well after those trying months:

John 13:7    Jesus replied "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

We didn't know where the money would come from to cover the bills, but it always came. I think my own pride and self-sufficient spirit probably made it harder because I wanted to have enough reserve to plan ahead, but God wanted to show me that He would provide for everything we needed at the moment. He never failed us. Not once.

Now that I see what a great fit Goodyear Tire is for Mike, I understand why God closed all the other doors and made us wait.

Remind me of this. please, when I start fretting through the next trial.







No comments:

Post a Comment