About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, October 25, 2015

A new audience

About a year ago, I started writing a series of short stories/testimonials on the names of God. While reading the chapter on Focus in the Daniel Plan book, I came across a page that gave ten specific names of God to dwell on. I wrote them down on a notecard and proceeded to write a story every month over a different name of God.  I took each one to my writer's group, and their feedback kept me writing more and more until I finished all ten.

= The meaning of the names of God.:

Once I finished the tenth one, I said, "Okay, God. I'm not really sure what you want me to do with these now. Compile them together as another book? Look for a magazine to submit them to? Publish them on my blog and link them to Facebook? Print them out on my own, bind them, and give them away?"

Right about that time, I found and joined a group called Community Moms on Facebook because they are Christian moms who blog about Christian topics. The host of the site ended up asking me if I'd like to participate in the group as a monthly writer.

I smiled when I read her invitation because I knew it was a direct answer to my prayer, giving me a new and larger audience to share my stories with. I also love being part of such a great group of women, sharing our own struggles with life and victories in Christ, encouraging one another and helping each other grow spiritually. I encourage you to check out the site by clicking on the button below (or on the sidebar of this blog). You are bound to find a post to uplift you, inspire you, and guide you through whatever you may be going through in life right now.

I will make sure to let you know whenever my own stories on the names of God get published each month.


Monthly writer for Community Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment