About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Taking my own advice

I buddied up with a friend for prayer time during Bible study last night. We each shared one specific area where  we needed prayer. My request is to just lighten up a bit. I can get so wound up thinking about Mike's job situation that I throw all fun and lightheartedness out the window.  I don't want to look back at this time and regret what we missed. The boys are growing up way too fast, and I want to embrace every bit of time we have with Juan David, considering we missed the first 15 1/2 years of his life.

My friend texted me two days later saying she prayed for me to have a lighter day. I went from feeling anxious and overwhelmed in the morning hours to feeling carefree and joyful the rest of the day. David and I had a super fun day together (Juan was at camp) playing games, going shopping, enjoying a lunch date, and just doing stupid stuff and laughing about it.  I sure do adore that kid, even though I barely recognize his voice anymore. Ugh. Puberty.

Mike and I made a random decision to get out of town for a few days again to enjoy another family camping trip. Without knowing the future regarding Mike's employment or schedule, we can't plan anything too far ahead (or too expensive). But I'm kind-of enjoying this randomness. It's definitely keeping everyone on their toes. :) Plus it helps Mike from getting discouraged through this job search.

I have to be back to teach Bible study on Wednesday night, so I'll post pics of our newest adventure when we get back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment