About Me

My photo

I am a wife, daughter, mother, bilingual teacher, poet, author, women's Bible study teacher, world traveler, orphan advocate, and an adoptive mother.  Our adoption journey has been filled with a lot of hurt and loss, along with even more hope, grace, and healing.  Through it we have experienced more of God than we ever bargained for and have watched Him miraculously redeem our story when we surrendered all the broken pieces to Him.


Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Showered with love

In all twelve years that I've been teaching here in Texas,  I don't know if I have ever had a class shower me with so much love during Teacher Appreciation week as I did this year. Actually, both classes showered me with love, affection, presents, and appreciation all week.  Here are a few pics to prove it. :)





Our coworkers said our classroom made it look like we robbed a floral shop with all the flowers we both received. 
 This is what I took home with me . . .
 and displayed on my kitchen table.
 This is what I left in my classroom. :)
 
The next day I took home a huge box of perfumes, lotions, and candles. The day after that, chocolates. And the following day, more chocolates, more candles, classroom goodies, and jewelry. Plus I still continued to get more flowers every single day all week. Then Saturday I got to celebrate the week at Starbucks with my three favorite guys in the world, compliments of a gift card from a student.
 

I love summertime, and I love spending time with my boys, but I am sad to think I only have a few more weeks left with my precious four and five year olds.  I love them dearly, and they sure did make me feel loved this week. The flowers alone made my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment