About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow Day 2015

We had an actual SNOW day in Texas (not just an ice day). It's the most snowfall we've had in one day in the last five years, and it sure beat the freezing rain we've had lately. Juan David woke up giddy to see so much snow. David slept as late as he possibly could. I was overjoyed to see the sun shining all day!
 

We made our first-ever batch of snow ice cream, and it tasted really good! (8 cups of snow, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk, 1 tsp. vanilla and a pinch of salt). Thanks to a friend for posting her pics and recipe on Facebook.
 


 
(Don't tell the boys I posted these pics.  They'll be super mad at me!)
 

 
The boys built snow walls for protection in their intensive snowball fight.
 



 
 
I made myself a little Colombian snowman. :)
 
(My students will be so proud of me since our curriculum uncannily scheduled us to read a story about a snow day yesterday, so we made imaginary snowmen in the classroom.)
 


 

 
 
We ended the morning at McDonalds with Shamrock shakes, compliments of gift cards Grandma and Grandpa sent the boys for Valentine's Day.
 
While we were out, a friend sent a text inviting them over for pizza and a movie. (Meaning Mom had a quiet house for most of the afternoon, too!)
 
So thankful for my boys, the snow, a day off, extra sleep, extra rest and SUNSHINE!!!!
 
One more school day until spring break.  David is participating in a mission trip with church next week, and Juan and I have a few fun things planned together. Mike couldn't take the time off work this year, so we're saving our family vacation time until summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment