About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, January 31, 2014

Lots of stuff going on :)

The next few months hold a lot of good, fun activity. :)  Lots to look forward to.  A book signing at my favorite local bookstore.  Valentine's Day. Juan David's big soccer tournament that got postponed from December.  A ten week Bible study starting up in a few days.  The boys are registered for DNOW (Disciple Now, a sort-of retreat like atmosphere in people's homes led by college students) next weekend. (Juan David won't be able to attend the whole thing because of his tournament, but we still registered him and requested for him to be in the same home as his cousin, Zane.)

We're planning a road trip for spring break in March to take Juan David to meet more of his family on the Alspaugh side, making stops in Columbus, Warsaw, and then St. Louis on the way home.  It will be fun to show Juan David where Mike grew up and fell in love with the outdoors, where we went to high school, where we worked, where we went to church, where I graduated from college, etc. I even tentatively set up a book signing back at my favorite coffee shop. :) More details to come on that after we confirm the date and times.  Looking forward to it!  We also look forward to meeting our newest niece and nephew.

I hope to have things ready to start the publishing process for my second book sometime that month after we come home.  We'll see how things go between now and then.

Mike and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary in April.  We're planning a little trip together to San Antonio for a night, and then we're heading from there to Mexico to attend our sweet friend Madai's wedding.  The boys will be staying with their cousins for the weekend while we're gone.  The day after we come back, Julian will turn 21.  I'm still pondering over what we should do for him to let him know just how special he is to us.

Besides the big things, we've got a whole new soccer season ahead of us as well.  David's first game should be in about three weeks.  Juan David's actual season doesn't start until the end of March, so hopefully that means we'll have less overlapping games.  I hate it when I have to choose which child's game I'm going to watch because they play at the same time.

Once again, I can't even begin to say how grateful I am to be teaching PreK because I feel so much more relaxed than I have in a very long time.  I adore my kids and absolutely love my job this year.  They send me home with a smile every day and bring me back still smiling every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment