About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Reliving each detail

My newest book is moving along rather quickly.  I just finished the seventh chapter this morning, which completes the first of three parts of the book.  My goal is to have at least half of the middle part finished by the end of next week when I go back to work.  Truthfully, I don't have any more to write after that because I don't know what's going to happen next......However, writing the last year down, reliving every detail that stood out, has really helped me to see that we're living out an incredible story of God's grace.  It's actually quite an honor to see that our first book was only the beginning of our story, that we're still living out the rest of the story.  I guess that's why He's pressed it so heavily on my heart to continue to write it all down, so that it becomes so blatantly obvious to me that everything we've gone through has just been leading up to a very grand moment that is yet to come.  Just like in any story you read, you can read the signs and the foreshadowing throughout each chapter, knowing that something greater is coming.

I wrote a lot of poetry over the last year that has fit right in to the chapters, which has been neat to see.  But even neater than that has been seeing how I've been able to pull in a lot of poetry that I wrote during other times of life that has connected just perfectly to certain chapters.  Shows how everything you go through in life is just a preparation for what will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment