About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Help Myself To You - Kathy Troccoli



I've been doing  a new Bible study on my own this summer called Falling in Love with Jesus, by Dee Brestin and Kathy Troccoli.  (I hope to maybe lead it at church in the spring). I must be honest with you that it has so touched my heart in a way I wasn't expecting and drawn me deep into the Word every morning.  I've gotten so much out of it.  This song was part of the study today, so I looked it up to be able to share it with you.

This was the verse that stuck out to me today, as well.

Psalm 119:147--I rise before dawn and cry for help:  I have put my hope in Your Word.  

This reattempt to adopt has not been an easy decision for me.  I've literally fought God through every single step so far, begging Him to shut this door if it is not His will for us to pursue it again. He hasn't done that, though, and my husband keeps reminding of how the door even reopening period was completely of God. So, we move along, but not without waking up early every morning and surrendering it all to God again.   That's why this verse and this song really touched me today.  I hope you are encouraged by them, as well, in whatever circumstance you find yourself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment