About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A half day left

I can hardly believe it, but we are down to the final last half day of school tomorrow.  I packed up my classroom almost a week ago, sent everything home, took away the kids' desks, and pushed them all to the side of the room.  However, I let them (and their parents) know that school wasn't over yet, just the tests were, and now we were going to have some fun with other ways of learning.  So, with no desks, chairs, supplies, etc., we took advantage of the spacious room and did a lot more hands on stuff.  I think I actually enjoyed them more without all their stuff. One day they practiced and performed Reader's Theaters, they've done a lot of partner and group reading, we turned multiplication and division into real life situations by making equal groups of students on the floor, we enjoyed a game day, and tomorrow they're performing a talent show in the morning.  It's turned into a fun-filled few days.

Once school is over tomorrow, then maybe I can get caught up on blogging (as I realized it's been over a week since I last made an entry....)

No comments:

Post a Comment