About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book signing

I'm doing another book signing event at Holy Grounds in Grapevine, Texas today.  I am looking forward to meeting all the new people that God will have cross my path today.  It's a little far for close friends to make it to, so today, I think, is going to be all about just being open to talking to whoever passes by my little table.  I've got some pictures to share, some cards with poetry printed on them, and a new pink pen to sign any books that might be purchased.  I've realized that these opportunities are more just about sharing our story than about making sales.  If the books sell, great.  If not, as long as someone can walk away with a greater faith in God's love because of our story, then the day is still a success to me.  I literally have no idea what kind of sales have been made over this book so far because the majority were purchased through Amazon.com.  However, I actually am glad that's the way it is because I never wrote our story in order to make money.  I just want it to be an inspiration to anyone else out there who is wondering if there really could be a purpose for what they're going through. I want them to know that God is a personal God who loves us each individually, and He will be there to carry us through the valleys of our lives.

I can hardly believe that a month from today we'll be getting back on a plane to return to Colombia.  So far, despite my procrastination and extremely laid back attitude (that will be another post to come), God has brought every little detail together and is continuously showing me that He's miles ahead of me, anyway.  We will be staying in the same apartment complex that we did last year, just in a different apartment.  That was very comforting news because it means that we already know our way around, where to shop, where to go and not to go at certain times, etc.  The people currently in the apartment have already read my book, and I hear it's been passed all around to different teachers at the school.  Amazing.  I've been told that it's  in the hands of the director of the school at the moment.  God definitely had much greater plans to use that book than I ever imagined when I was writing it.  At least two people told me they wondered if there would be a sequel.  Lastnight as I was looking over the poems that I've written over the past year and seeing how God has continued to write this story, I am thinking that a sequel just might already be in the works.  We'll see how God surprises us in Colombia this time around.....

You can still support our trip financially if God so leads you to do.  Go to www.lakepointe.org, find the section GIVE ONLINE, find the mission trip section, and click on our name/trip. We believe that the funds we'll need for our expenses there have been covered.  The only financial "concern" we still have is from the week of unpaid leave that Mike will take during our final week of stay.  We know God will either provide for that need or will alleviate some of our normal expenses so we can live on less.

I guess now the countdown begins and I actually have to start getting the last minute details ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment