About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Summer mornings 2021

It's been a short summer, and after the insanity of the last school year, all I wanted was a chance to rest, heal, and recharge. We didn't plan a single trip or vacation, and though I will admit to feeling a little jealous of everyone's beach pictures, I can't say I even wanted to deal with the stress or hassle of preparing for a trip or leaving the comfort of home. But that's not to say I didn't get any miles under my belt. Nearly every morning I got up and hopped on my bike or took a long walk. I never thought I could ever be an exercise before coffee kind of girl until I experienced the beauty and serenity of a sunrise ride on my bike (and because if I started too late, I couldn't take the Texas heat). So far, I've ridden 300 miles in the last six weeks, and I hope to ride at least another 50 more before I go back to work in a week. I hope to still take a short morning walk before starting each day, at least while the sunlight and weather cooperate with my schedule, but you can be sure I'll be hitting my bike for a sunset ride as many evenings as I can. 



















 Captivated by that baby bird who hadn't yet learned to fly. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment