About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 1, 2023

23 things I'm hoping for in 2023

Hoping will happen

Hoping I can achieve

Hoping to change

Hoping to do better

Hoping to let go

Some may turn into reality, some may not. But if we never have our hopes set on anything, then life becomes miserable and meaningless. 

In the year 2023, I hope....

  1. To hear that my closest friend is cancer free
  2. To see my new students grow spiritually, academically, and develop leadership skills
  3. To see my new students find the freedom to be the kids they are
  4. To have a more complete house to settle into to truly call home
  5. To find true satisfaction in Christ alone
  6. To not miss opportunities to encourage others and lift them up
  7. To be able to find quality time to focus and finish my writing project for ABH that I started over a year ago--one that God put on my heart to start, but has clearly said, "It's not time yet."
  8. Make new Bible study friends at church
  9. Make my home a welcoming place for others to visit and hang out
  10. Explore

No comments:

Post a Comment