About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Memories, Reminders of God

One of my favorite features on Facebook is to find memories of the day. What happened in my life on this day a year ago, two years ago, five years ago, and even ten years ago. I especially love to search those memories in the summer time.

June holds all my memories of Colombia--of the first trip we took to meet Julian, of the second trip we took to work as summer missionaries at the Christian school, and of the third trip to Colombia when God gave Juan David back. It also holds all my memories of my sweet friend Madai, a girl we met on our first mission trip to Mexico with this church, who ended up spending many summers living with a family nearby and was like a sister to me.

July holds all of my memories of finalizing Juan's adoption and bringing him home. It holds all my Cow Appreciation Day memories at Chick Fil-A (silly, but fun), and it holds all my memories of our trip to Guatemala on a mission trip and to Spain to reunite with Laura.

Besides the fun cow pictures, all the other memories are vivid reminders of God's hand in our lives.

Even when times are tough, it's hard to forget all the amazing things God has done for us when the memories pop up every day. It's hard to deny that God has been faithful in the past, so we know He'll be faithful again. It's hard to wonder if God is going to answer my prayer for the day when I see so many prayers answered in each memory picture I find of summers past.

If the memories aren't pictures of Colombia, Guatemala, or Spain, then they are quotes or things that I've posted from Bible studies I've taught during the summer.

No matter what, my summer memories always point to God and remind me where to focus my attention in this current season.

So if you're following my Facebook page and I'm posting a series of memories, know that I'm just remembering and reflecting on God's faithful presence in my life. If I repost the memory, it means it contains a sign from God that I never want to forget. The more we meditate on God's faithfulness in the past, the more we're apt to trust him in the day to day.


No comments:

Post a Comment