About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Jesus Every Day

I've taught quite a few ladies' Bible study groups over the last seven years. I love getting to know so many women from all walks of life and being used by God to encourage them, mentor them, and guide them in their relationship with Christ. I also love walking around my church and seeing women from various services and various age groups, knowing that we've connected through Bible study.

I did a lot of intense Bible study on my own for years before ever walking into a group Bible study class at church, but no study changed my life like Stormie Omartian's study on the Power of a Praying Wife. Not only did those prayers transform my marriage after several very difficult years, but they showed me what I'd been missing all along in my relationship with Christ. Prayer. Intimate prayer, Scriptural prayer. They taught me how to pray Scripture instead of just giving God a list of requests. They taught me to pray about things I'd never even thought to pray about. My relationship with Christ grew more than ever once I finally learned to pray.

Prayer changes everything.

So you can imagine my enthusiasm when my friend/writing mentor from my writer's group, Mary DeMuth, asked many of us to join her launch group for her newest book, Jesus Every Day. Just like Stormie Omartian's books, it is a book of 365 prayers, all stemming from Scripture, giving you a Scripturally based prayer to start your day for an entire year. The Scriptures start in Genesis and are pulled from books of the entire Bible in order all the way to Revelation. They do not start on January 1, but rather from Day 1, so you can start on any day of the year and read them/pray them at your own pace.




Though the book doesn't come out until the first week of December (perfect for Christmas), I received a sampler of the first 30 days and can vouch that they are a great way to start my day, thanking God for how He worked long ago and how He is still working in my own life today. Pouring out my own insufficiencies and letting Him fill me each morning.

In all the studies I've taught, the ladies will tell me often that their biggest struggle spiritually is maintaining a healthy, consistent, vibrant prayer life. It's our nature to do, do, do, and go, go, go. It's not in our nature to sit still, embrace the quiet, and just pray--though our prayers can accomplish far more than our doing and going ever will.

If prayer is a struggle for you, if you want to learn how to pray through Scripture, or if you just want to enhance an already growing prayer time in your life, I encourage you to check out this book. Just click on the title below the picture. You can wait for its release or preorder today.






No comments:

Post a Comment