About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, July 27, 2017

So much to process

Despite coming home from living ten days on a schedule seven hours ahead of us, I woke up exactly according to my biological clock, bright and early, ready to assume my normal routine of a quiet morning all to myself. Oh, how I missed that.

I got up and fed my sweet kitty, who surprisingly waited very patiently for me on the windowsill above my bed. Then I opened up a bag of coffee that I brought home from Guatemala and brewed a pot of it for Mike and I to drink this morning. I bid goodbye to my husband as he left for work, and then I ventured out onto my front porch with my coffee, my gratitude journal, and a small devotional. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes sent me back in rather quickly, but it was nice to enjoy at least a few minutes out there.

I still felt quite unsettled, so I ended up unpacking, doing laundry, sorting out the few little gifts I was able to bring back, and just tried to get reoriented. That may take a few days. I've got a million thoughts and emotions swirling around in my head and heart--I don't even know where to start to even begin processing through all that I've experienced over the last 18 days. I figured this blog is the best place for me to begin so I can at least add pictures in some sort of organized manner.

Truthfully, though Juan and I embarked on one long trip together, it still feels like two completely different experiences that I can't seem to merge at all in my mind yet. I know God had a purpose for putting them together that I'm sure I will understand eventually, but for now, they were two separate trips, so that's how I will blog about them.

All I can say right now is that I am so thankful to be home again. This was such a stretching, bonding, challenging, fearful, terrifying, awkward, emotional, courageous, out-of-my-comfort-zone experience that truly changed me in more ways than I even know. I look around and realize life is no longer the same, nor am I. Bear with me over the next week or so as I attempt to share pictures and pour out the contents of my heart onto this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment