About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday Review

Today's review of Painful Waiting comes from Amy Laangmack, who gave the book four stars.

In this book Rachelle shares the story of her families five year adoption story. The journey that she embarked upon with God to be able to bring this child into her home is not a story for the faint of heart. It's a story of sorry, heavy tears, heart-wrenching cries out to God, and ultimately the ability to see God's redeeming hand throughout the entire journey.

This story will cause you to search for God amidst your own painful situations, occasionally be grateful for the things you have not yet endured, and ultimately help you recognize that even when you can't see God moving directly, he is still working to bring all of the pieces together. Pieces that may not look like what we expect. But something greater than we could even imagine.


Thank you so much, Amy, for sharing your thoughts on the book. I love seeing how much you got of the entire story without having read the first book. Tells me I did my job well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment