About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, August 5, 2016

Adoption and Foster Care Support Group

Gotta give out shout out to my church for offering yet another really great resource. I finally had a Wednesday night free to attend the monthly Adoption and Foster Care Support Group at the Rockwall campus. I recommend it to anyone from my campus who asks about the ministry, but now I know more of what to tell them.

Just a bunch of adoptive/pre-adoptive/foster/foster-to-adopt parents sharing their own experiences, asking questions, offering advice, comparing agencies, discussing fears, admitting mistakes, offering support, giving guidance, etc., etc. Loved it. We're thinking of starting one similar at our own campus if we can find the right leadership or offers to help facilitate. I would love to be part of it and step up as a leader, but I'm really listening to God to find a bit more margin in life during this next school year. I'd love to join others as a facilitator, though. We'll see what God has in mind. I am excited to see the need arise at my campus because it shows that more families are stepping up to care for the fatherless children.

If you're a local and live in the Rockwall/Royce City/Rowlett/Garland area, try to leave your schedule open on the first Wednesday of each month. It meets at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall, TX in room W214 (the same room where my writer's group meets on the second Monday of every month).

No comments:

Post a Comment