About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Resurrection


This Easter as I reflect on Christ's resurrection, I can't help but reflect on my own resurrection story. It's kind-of hard not to when I'm less than three weeks away from launching the book that recounts that whole story. 

Here's an excerpt from a poem from Painful Waiting that keeps replaying in my head:

It’s as if you’ve always been here,
Or at least were always meant to be.
Yet sometimes I still look your way
And can’t believe it’s you I see.
I still remember grieving
As if I’d experienced your death.
Now that you’re actually here,
It’s like you’ve risen from the dead.



I treasure every moment spent with this boy. His smile and joy truly light up my life.

Check out this excerpt from another review I found on Goodreads by someone from my launch team.  I am extra thankful for this review because it's not someone I have known for very long, so she wasn't part of the journey in any way.

"In this book Rachelle shares the story of her family's five year adoption story. The journey that she embarked upon with God to be able to bring this child into her home is not a story for the faint of heart. It's a story of sorry, heavy tears, heart-wrenching cries out to God, and ultimately the ability to see God's redeeming hand throughout the entire journey." 

A resurrection story, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment