About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lots of stuff in my head

I had to chuckle when a student walked into class the other day with a new excuse as to why she didn't bring her materials to class.

"Es que mi mama tiene muchas cosas en su cabeza." (It's just that my mom has a lot of stuff in her head.)

It made me chuckle, but it also hit home because I've been feeling the same way recently. Between cramming 48 parent conferences into one month (30 in the first week), keeping up with my boys' school, church, and soccer activities, managing my house with Mike out of town for a week, doing a final proof of my book, and gathering a book launch team--yeah, I'd say I've been a bit overwhelmed. I've had a lot of stuff in my head and no time to collect my thoughts.

I'm happy to say, though, that I made some good progress this week, despite thinking the contrary. My launch team is growing, and I'm encouraged to see the wide variety of social circles that my book advertisements can start reaching. I created a trailer for the book that I am anxious to start sharing, but I think I better wait until the launch date is closer. Looks like we're still 61 days away.

I apologize for skipping a week or two on the Unexpected Tears blog. I updated it today and scheduled all the remaining posts, which will take us up to the weekend of the Painful Waiting launch. Good timing! I hope you'll consider purchasing a copy of Unexpected Tears even if you read it all on the blog.

Yes, the truth is, by blogging the book, I really did give it all away for free. But when my publisher asked me to do it, she reminded me, "Rachelle, it's not about sales. It's about maximum Kingdom impact." That's why I love ABH. Sales or not, let's reach as many people for Christ as we can. I hope our story challenges you in some way to draw closer to Christ, to increase your faith, to believe for bigger things, to take God out of the box, and to lean on Him when nothing in life makes sense.

I can hardly wait to share Painful Waiting with you. Bear with me if I over-advertise, or if I seem a little scattered at times. I really do have a lot of stuff going on in my head, all of different ways to spread the word. It's such an amazing story of God's faithfulness, and I want to give Julian, Juan David, and their sister a voice to tell their story between the lines of my own. I hope, more than anything, that you hear their voices above my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment