About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Soaking up more blessings

As promised, we are still finding ourselves immersed with blessings after a very trying time. You know that verse in Malachi about not having room to store them? Yep, it's happening again. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

For the last several months, both the fridge and the freezer (and the pantry) ended up empty by Friday evening. Like, literally empty. Everybody had to scrounge around for crumbs for breakfast on Saturday morning while I went to the grocery store to restock for the week.

It's now Sunday afternoon, I haven't made it to the store yet this weekend, but the fridge and freezer still have quite a bit of food in them, and the pantry is overflowing.  Every day we still find little goodies from our friends who moved away and gave us their fridge and all the food they had left before moving.

Another friend dropped by the house during the day on Thursday and left a bag of clothes for me and two big giant bags of macaroni. Now I've got cute new shirts to wear every day for the next two weeks!

Mike finally got all the clearance necessary to drive the company truck for work, which he uses to drive to and from work now. A brand-new truck that makes it tight to park all three vehicles in front. (Not complaining). Just in time, too, because something else went out on his own truck, making it un-driveable until he can get the part to fix it. A situation that could have made tomorrow morning extra stressful if he didn't already have the company truck here to drive on Monday morning.

God is so good. And we are so grateful.

I love how the boys are watching and learning more about God through these trials over the last two summers. On Thursday evening, Juan David said, "See, Mom. We just had to wait on God. You were so stressed out, and now Dad has a job, we have a new fridge, we've got plenty of food, and you even have new clothes,"

Waiting on God can be excruciatingly hard some times, but it's always worth it.  Mike loves his new job so much, even to the point of saying, "I'm so glad God closed all those other doors and that I didn't end up taking any of those other jobs I applied and interviewed for."  This particular job holds more blessing and potential than anything else he even looked at or considered himself qualified for.

Yes, Juan David. We just had to wait on God's perfect timing. I'm sorry for the stress I wore all over my face as the months dragged on. I hope what you learned about God's character in this situation will help you face your own trials the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment