About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Doubly blessed

About a month after Mike lost his last job, one of our close friends lost his job, too. Both of our families struggled through the summer months, not always knowing how certain bills would get paid, not able to spend money on vacations, and frustrated at how long the job search seemed to take. We also watched simultaneously as God provided for both of our families in very similar ways, which led us to grow even closer as friends.

Mike finally got offered the job at Goodyear within days of our friend getting offered a job in Maryland. Though sad to see them leave, we are so excited to see how God also worked out so many details in their favor and very obviously orchestrated a move for them out East.

The night before they left, just as their house officially sold, they gave us their refrigerator (much bigger, better, and nicer than the one we had). What we didn't expect was all the good, healthy food it came stocked with! :)

Not only did we get a new fridge, but it helped us save money on groceries as we still wait on Mike's first paycheck. Doubly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment