About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Off to a good start

We went to an event called Meet the Teacher at Juan David's new high school on Monday night. Honestly, we didn't know what to expect to hear from his teachers. We know that his teachers last year really enjoyed him, but they also said he would play around quite a bit. Plus he had so many Spanish-speaking friends, making him feel more than comfortable. They did all comment about him being a smart kid, though.

The comments from this year's teachers encouraged me. A lot.


  • "He participates in class and raises his hand to share quite a bit." (Not bad for his first year in a regular English high school)
  • "He's a hard worker."
  • "He's a very bright student. Have you considered putting him in Honor's classes? Not that I want to get rid of him, but considering how bright he is, I don't know that my class is really challenging him."
  • "He's very respectful."
  • "We love this kid."
  • "I wish all students were like him."
  • "Yes, he can get to talking, but if we point out that it's not the appropriate time, he settles down quickly and gets back to his task."
  • "Very respectful." ( I know I already said that one, but we heard it at least twice.)
Looks like he's off to a great start at his new school. I am really proud of him. The boy shows no fear and truly does embrace life with a smile on his face, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment